Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A trial: a recipe box linked to recipes in my Striped Pot reviews.

This post is part of an experiment. I am a travel writer, but due to the passing of time, I can no longer globe trot, or even push my walker very far around town. Instead, I pull on my thousands of photos and journals to tell of places that may be overlooked today. Invariably, food comes into the picture.

Cuisine is a distinguishing characteristic to all countries; some is elegant, some plain, but there is always a unique feature. I will try to capture and put them in a virtual recipe box for you to see, and hopefully, try.

Photo: my recipe box - red. I checked Dreamstime's photo library: any good images cost 3 credits and I have a perfectly good recipe box - actually better, because it's a real one, complete with dents, smudges, and finger prints. It dates back to 1952 (59 years ago).

It is more than a list of recipes; it is a journal of friends and places. Each one comes laden with memories; some mundane but tasty, others quite adventurous. They represent trips taken, parties enjoyed, holidays celebrated.

Each one has a story, and I would like to share them with you. If you have any requests for a dish, one you remember from somewhere and can list a few basic ingredients, let me know and I will see if I can find it. Knowing the particular inn or restaurant would help.

It may be awhile before you will be able to access the recipes as the file is just being set up. If you subscribe to my posts, I'll send you an e-mail announcing it's "opening" - thanks for being here! Gail

Here is the box, bless its little overstuffed heart:

No comments:

Post a Comment